Have You Tried Acupuncture?
Pain can completely take over your life. Ask anyone in chronic pain, and he or she will tell you that that’s all they can think about. Pain can take you to the brink of self-destruction just to get a few moments of relief.
An Age Old Remedy For Pain
For the past 3,000 years, people have been using acupuncture to successfully relieve pain as well as treat a host of other conditions. In fact, many Western physicians recommend acupuncture for certain conditions – chronic pain especially.
While much of Eastern medicine is focused on keeping patients healthy rather than treating illnesses. Acupuncture is a well-established practice for the treatment of many different problems. The concept of acupuncture is simple- by inserting needles at various points in the body, it stimulates the movement of energy and facilitates healing.
Acupuncture Can Help With:
- Pain relief
- Withdrawal symptoms
- Sleep problems
- Digestive issues
- Immunological problems
- Infertility issues
We work with a certified, highly trained acupuncturist that will help you identify a specific plan for how acupuncture can be use to provide relief. Call us today to set up your initial consultation.At Georgia Ketamine, relief is just an appointment away. Let us help you get back to your life again. Let’s work together to help put your suffering where it belongs- in the past.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
For the past 3,000 years, people have been using acupuncture to successfully relieve pain as well as treat a host of other conditions. In fact, many Western physicians recommend acupuncture.
The modern scientific explanation is that needling the acupuncture points stimulates the electromagnetic potential of the nervous system to release chemicals in the muscles, spinal cord, and brain. These chemicals will either change the experience of pain, or they will trigger the release of other chemicals and hormones which influence the body’s own internal regulating system.
The improved energy and biochemical balance produced by acupuncture results in stimulating the body’s natural healing abilities, and in promoting physical and emotional well-being.
Moxa therapy involves burning the herb moxa (mugwort) over acupuncture points. This assists in rectifying deficiency and resolving cold and damp conditions in the body that are leading to stagnation and pain.
Our Patients Talk About Us
I have suffered with foot pain for the last 10 years and decided to try acupuncture treatment. Sheridan Spencer at Georgia Ketamine treated my foot pain and I can honestly say I found relief and would recommend her treatment to others which suffer similarly.
Our Patients Love Us!
What Is Acupuncture & How Does It Work?
What Conditions Can It Treat?
- Sleeping Disorders
- Chronic or acute pain (back, knee, neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hip pain, arthritis)
- Menstrual Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (food allergies, peptic ulcers, chronic diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, gastrointestinal weakness, anorexia, IBS, and gastritis)
- Urogenital Disorders (stress, incontinence, urinary tract infections, and sexual dysfunctions)
- Gynecological Disorders (absent, irregular, heavy or painful menstruation, infertility in women and men, and premenstrual syndrome)
- Respiratory Disorders (emphysema, sinusitis, asthma, allergies, and bronchitis)
- Disorders of the Bones, Muscles, Joints, and Nervous System, such as arthritis, migraine, headaches, neuralgia, insomnia, dizziness and low back, neck and shoulder pain
- Circulatory Disorders (hypertension, angina pectoris, arteriosclerosis and anemia)
- Emotional and Psychological Disorders (depression and anxiety)
- Addictions (alcohol, nicotine, and drugs)
- Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders
- Learn more about what acupuncture can treat at the World Health Organization
Is Acupuncture Safe?
Is Acupuncture Painful?
are fleeting and followed by deep relaxation.
How Long Is An Acupuncture Treatment?
also be incorporated. We develop a treatment for the Primary Complaint as well as the Root cause of your complaint. As you heal, your treatments will reflect your change and different points will be used.
How Do I Prepare For My Acupuncture Treatment?
Is Acupuncture Covered By Insurance?
How Frequently Do I Need To Receive Acupunture To Benefit?
Why Should I See An Acupuncturist?
Do I Have To Be Ill To Benefit From Acupuncture?
1370 Thompson Bridge Road,
Gainesville, GA 30501
Tues, Thur, Fri
9:00am to 4:00pm
By appointment only
Click to learn more about our affordable acupuncture services in Athens, GA.